Saturday, January 2, 2016

Tales Of 2015

I've loved each year that has passed by. I've always loved the year gone by. You grow wiser by a year.  You are richer by a vast lot of experiences. You have new people in your life. You would have learnt a new thing or two. On the worse side, you may have lost someone in your life. You may have caught a vice. Yet, a year that has gone by is a teacher - one that has taught so many life lessons, one that has helped you explore new stuffs, one that pushed you to your limits and just when you thought you couldn't do any further, opened up new doors for you. One that is a teacher just because. 
2015 had been good to me. I saw my little boy grow. He is no more the baby that he was almost two years back. Our life is filled with his laughs, naughtiness and cheer now. He found his first set of friends last year. Through them, I got a new set of friends myself. These friends have become a constant part of our everyday life in Bangalore and because of them, Bangalore has started feeling like home slowly. We go out together, reach out  to each other, back each other whenever needed - be it doctor visits, food, play school hunting or whatever it be. There is a sense of assurance that help, if needed, is seconds away and that matters to me a lot, especially when I have to care about a certain little boy who is my life!
I stayed away from my boy for the first time in May, 2015. I left him with his grandparents and took off to Dubai with my brother. A day before the trip I was anxious, apprehensive and worried. I did not know how my little baby was going to fare ten days without me. My only comfort being the fact that I was leaving him with my mother and grandmother, who I was sure would take care of him just like I do. He sure did have fun at home, pampered and having his way all the time. I, on the other hand, thought of him every waking moment. A baby walking past me reminded me of the little one at home, a mannequin at the baby shop made my heart heavy because I would start missing him badly. But that was the mother in me who couldn't be comforted. The girl in me had the best ten days of my life. And I had the best travel companion! We shared the same passion for sightseeing and we had a wonderful time visiting Dubai. We travelled the length and breadth of Dubai as much as we could, soaking in the wonders of Dubai and feeling amazed. I fell in love with Burj Khalifa. I could've sat looking at it for hours marvelling at it's beauty. This trip also made me realise how lucky I was - I had a husband who let me be, parents who are ever so eager to back me up and an equally enthusiastic parents-in-law.
2015 gifted me two more babies whom I consider just like my own - one of whose heartbeat I heard when she was safely tucked in her mummy's tummy - I remember jumping with joy and counting days to meet her and the other one quite special to our family because it was my mother who stayed with his mother while she was in labour and greeted him first when he said hello to the world! These babies mean the world to me and their moms are my soul sisters. In our generation, when you have just one or two siblings, your close friends take the role of siblings and our kids become pseudo cousins.
We completed five years of marital bliss (along with fights and cold wars of course!) and off we went on a family trip to the Havelock Islands, Andaman in August. We had two days of absolute fun, doing nothing and just passing away time by the beach. I got to experience scuba diving for the first time and I fell in love with it. Life seemed a fairy tale under water and I felt like a mermaid. We had a dream time those two days that we didn't want to come back. And once we were back, we kept longing to be back in Havelock and I hope I get to go there again.. soon maybe!
There were many celebrations in between. This year I had a wonderful birthday with a month long celebration. Just when I thought the party was over, another one popped up and I was showered with lots of love and gifts. I had a really happy birthday amongst family and friends. It made me realise how blessed I was to have lot of people that matter to me and to whom I matter in my life! There were engagement parties, weddings we celebrated with all the pomp and show, pre wedding celebrations, post wedding parties. Of these, the last one stood out because we married off the baby girl of my husband's family. His family is so male dominated that all the weddings I've attended is of a brother's where we welcome the new girl to our family. But marrying off the baby sister felt awkward. She was not coming back with us after the wedding. We had to say goodbye to her and yet keep a happy face. Now, she is happily settled at her new home, eagerly waiting for her honeymoon and happily married! Life! 
In between all this, I did whatever that made me happy. I read as much as I could. I loved reading with the little one. In fact, I felt joy all the time he asked me to tell him a "stoyee". I cooked and baked. I lazed around, skipped making dinner and convinced the husband to take us out for dinner several other times. Few other times, I had friends, who turned out to be my angels in disguise, who came over home with hot, home cooked meal just because I told them I was tired and lazy to cook. We had friends and family visiting us and the little boy got to spend a lot of quality time with people who love him. I travelled a lot this year that, at times, it felt like I was living out of a suitcase all the time. I will not complain though, because I learnt travelling is addictive and vacations are therapeutic. I started this little space of mine, wrote my heart out on books, food and whatever interested me. It gave me a sense of peace - to write what I felt and record my memories.
In whole, I loved the year that went by. I rediscovered the little girl in me. There were, of course, worries, frustrations and anxieties but in the end, all that mattered was the life 2015 gave me. I felt blessed to have a beautiful life filled with lots of wonderful people who care, ever ready to help me out in case of any need. I so hope I am showered with lots of luck and abundant blessings in 2016 as well. I wish and hope for a truckload of things in 2016. But way above all those wishes and hopes, all I want is a happy, healthy and close knit family because with that, I am sure, everything else will fall in place automatically! That is all that I want!

I’m sharing my #TalesOf2015 with BlogAdda.





No comments:

Post a Comment